Friday, March 27, 2015

Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards 2015 Preview

To celebrate the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards 2015, Nickelodeon's 28th Annual Kids' Choice Awards, The Hollywood Reporter has unveiled a fantastic article which features a exclusive first-look at one of the ways Nickelodeon will be delivering slimings to lucky recipients at KCA 2015! THR's article also features a interview with Jay Schmalholz, Nickelodeon's Senior Vice President of live event television and Executive Producer of the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards 2015, plus a aweslime time-lapse video showing how Nickelodeon has put together their Kids' Choice Awards 2015 stage!:
Kids' Choice Awards Preview: What It's Really Like to Get Slimed (Photos)



by Nicole Mormann "You got to take it like a man," said Jay Schmalholz, Nickelodeon's senior vp live event television and executive producer of the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards 2015, when asked what first-timers to being slimed should do. "You just got to stand there, open arms, and embrace it."

So that's what I did. Standing on the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards stand at the Forum in Inglewood, Calif., I spread my feet wide, grasped the hand of the little girl next to me, and took it like a man. So that's what I did. Standing on the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards stand at the Forum in Inglewood, Calif., I spread my feet wide, grasped the hand of the little girl next to me, and took it like a man.

From four abyss-like holes surrounding the circumference of the main stage shot bursts of slime on the count of one. The landing stuck, falling heavy and gooey on our heads and down our backs as a young girl, her two friends and I squeezed each other's hands. The moment marked our initiation into sliming, and admittedly the fulfillment of my childhood dream, but the time for slime had only just begun for crew members.

Poised to be the biggest and slimiest Kids' Choice Awards yet, this year's event will feature slime-dropping drones, a slime car wash and a tunnel of slime, which the winners will walk through on their way to the stage as streams of slime dance in a synchronized movement overhead.

The Forum, said to be the show's largest venue thus far, will house the ceremony on Saturday, March 28, airing live at 8 p.m. ET (tape-delayed in the West Coast) on Nickelodeon.

Nick Jonas is hosting the event, and performers include Five Seconds of Summer and Iggy Azalea.

"You never know what you're going to get with this show, or who's going to get slimed," Schmalholz said in discussing the surprise elements awaiting the audience.

With everything green and gelatinous still coming into place for Saturday, Schmalholz is already brainstorming slime-related ideas for next year's event.

"If I had my way, I would bring the Bellagio fountains to life," said Schmalholz. "Still in development though."

Though the future and formula of slime remain secret, one thing is certain: a great deal of sliming will be had at this year's Kids Choice Awards.

As for me, I think I'll wait until the green dye washes out of my clothes and hair before stepping up to the slime cannons again. Or at least until the kid, or should I say "man,' in me decides a second helping is in order. Check out more photos below, plus an exclusive look at a time-lapse video showing the KCA stage coming together above.
Photos by Charley Gallay/Getty Images and courtesy of Nickelodeon.

Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards 2015 News and Highlights!